Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Lunch Box: Combo 1

So it's been a bit since I posted.  To be honest, food has been whatever can be made quickly and simply by me, or made by my husband.  I've been working on a big project, and cooking got put on the back burner.  Lunches in particular have suffered, so this week I made a point in fixing that.

I thought it was a good topic for posts.  Lunches that could be assembled fairly easily and quickly, but still at least fairly healthy and quite delicious.  I hear so many people saying that they don't have time to do packed lunches, but is that really true?  With some simple prep work, making lunches doesn't take much time at all.  It took me less than ten minutes to assemble two of the lunches below.


Half a large peach, cottage cheese, and a BLT wrap.  By washing produce and cooking bacon ahead of time, the only thing I need to do is put everything in a tortilla and wrap it up.  A quick slicing for the peach, and a couple scoops of cottage cheese, and you have a very satisfying lunch.

Now don't get me wrong, sometimes I toss a can of something or a power bar into a bag, and call it a day, but this is way better.  Healthier and more filling than vending machine snacks, and cheaper than the cost of driving to grab fast food.  So for those who want a meal that can be brought on the go which will sate both appetite and wallet, keep an eye out for more lunch combos in the future!



No comments:

Post a Comment